Friday, August 3, 2012

The Genius Ladder

     I think I am done, I think I am ready, I think I can start thinking about lesson planning.  
     Today I put the final finishing touches on my Genius Ladder.

 It is very simple as you can see.  I have never used this strategy before, so I just drew it on my whiteboard.  My thinking is that it will be easy to change sentences and do what I need to do.  Plus it is easy to access.
Love this little pic of Einstein!  For me it fits perfectly.

extention cord icon

spicy chili pepper, too cute, couldn't mass it up

self explanatory, haha
I made some little icons on my computer and taped them onto each rung of the ladder.  
I am excited to give this a try when school starts.  

So on a different note, I had the WORST dream last night.  I have been doing so much work on refreshing myself on WBT strategies that I dreamt I began the first day of school WITHOUT teaching my students any of the class/yes or the rules.  PLUS my good friend didn't come to school so I had her class too.  THEN I remembered that I needed to teach them the rules and class/yes BUT I had ALL the smarty pants kids who had all the attitude........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........
and then I woke up!  Thank goodness it was all a dream..... 4 more nights to try and get some sleep, hopefully no more crazy dreams.

Until next time.....
Deanna

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I get school dreams, too! I have another 4 weeks to go though!
    Enjoy your last few holiday days :)

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the pictures you chose for your genius ladder! Can't wait to hear more about how it works out once you start using it.

    Don't worry about the dreams, you'll do awesome!

    Miss L (WBT Blog Bug)
    Miss L’s Whole Brian Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with your genius ladder this year. I just started to learn about this, and hope to implement it in my future classroom.

    I'm your newest follower.

    Mrs.D Reading with Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have bad dreams right before school too! I get so nervous and stressed that I just can't help it I guess.

    Good luck with another school year! I'm your newest follower. :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANKS! That is what I had envisioned but it was great to see it. Love your icons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy,
      I am a visual person too. It's always nice when you can put a picture with your thoughts.

      Delete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting :) Let me know what you think!
Deanna