Thursday, July 5, 2012

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N


      


       V- vistas 
       A- awesome 
       C- calm 
       A-adventure 
       T- tranquil 
       I- intermission 
       O- outdoors 
       N- nature





I love vacations.  I am so blessed that my husband and I both have jobs that give the opportunity to take vacations.  This year's destination was the Kern river.  To say that it was beautiful is an understatement.  We actually took our little boat down the river!  Not bad for us, (to say we are unadventurous is an understatement.)  If you look close, you can see the deer we saw on the little island behind our campsite. 
We made some new friends and who knows, maybe we'll go back next year.




The downfall is, I spent the week (partially) thinking about Daily 5 and how I am going to implement it in my classroom next year.

Daily 5 Chapter 3
What's the difference?: Key materials, concepts, and routines for launching the Daily 5


Establishing a Gathering Place- I already have my spot that I use daily for calendar, stories etc.




___     Good-Fit Books-  I plan to use the lessons that are laid out for me in the book.  I also plan to create
                                        the I chart with my class as the sisters encourage so my kids will have buy in.


___      Setting up Book Boxes- I am excited to do this, although my brain hasn't stopped wondering how,
                                                  where, etc. I am going to get them all.  I will be blog stalking for ideas!


___     Anchor Charts- I have seen so many great artistic anchor charts all over blogland.  I will be keeping
                                    a little cheat sheet nearby to make sure I get them right.


___     Practice- This is where I anticipate the most work on my part.  I have the tendency to think kids 
                          have it after the first time or two.  It is good to see over and over, in blogs and in my 
                          reading, reminding me that they need to build their stamina, (but hey, so do I!)


___     Signals and check-in- I already have my signals in place, WBT class/yes works great to get the 
                                             attention of my students and I plan to use it for this.  Check-in is a good
                                              way to help the kids think about their actions and focus their attention to what
                                             they need to do to be successful.


___     Modeling- I absolutely love the idea of using my challenging kids to do the modeling.  They begin by
                            by thinking they can goof but when we also ask them to model the correct way they are
                            now accountable for acting appropriately.  LOVE IT!

Loving the anticipation of using Daily 5 in my class.


until next time.......................

Deanna

                                   




      


           



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for visiting :) Let me know what you think!
Deanna