Friday, June 1, 2012

Why I teach........

Today was the last day of school.  What will I do for the next 9 weeks?  Oh yeah, I am teaching summer school.  Good thing or I would probably make my poor husband crazy!  Teaching is not just a job for me, it's a calling.  I have known since I was 6 that I wanted to be a teacher, (Wow! I just realized maybe that's why I love first grade so much. DUH!)

But seriously, I live and breath teaching.  I am ALWAYS thinking about how I can do something better.  How can I make sure ALL my students are growing?  I know that I am blessed to have awesome teachers and friends around me that inspire me to do better every day, but the real inspiration comes from God and from this.......



I love that she remembered to draw my glasses.  I also love that she hopes I will be nice.  It just makes me smile and laugh all at the same time!

I pray everyone had as good a year as I did.  Have a safe and blessed summer!

Until next time............


Deanna

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute . . . I love the notes that come from kiddos at the end of the year. Good luck in summer school :)

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet note! I also believe teaching is a calling ....we certainly aren't in it for the money or because it is easy! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to come and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Heather. :) I will be by to visit today!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting :) Let me know what you think!
Deanna